If you don't know what the Liebster award is then it's a Q&A which is passed between bloggers, so we can discover new blogs and bloggers that have a following less than 200. You have 11 questions to answer by a blogger that has nominated you and then you proceed to nominate 11 bloggers asking them 11 questions of your choice. Its a great way to discover new / petite blogs and bloggers.
Here are my answers to Kerry's questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
For my day job I am a jersey wear designer and part of my job is to do research by going on shopping trips & visiting trend websites to gather information before designing. So I literally have tonnes of images, clothes and ideas that I can't always use when designing jersey so I decided to start a blog and channel it into outfits, wish lists etc - fingers crossed this comes across ok!
2. Where is your favourite place to shop?
My absolute favourite place to shop is Urban Outfitters - I could buy everything in that shop and I am always super happy with every purchase.
3. Tell us something people would be surprised to know about you.
I am a big geek for extreme weather programmes... I would love to try storm chasing one day!
4. What is your dream career?
Well if you had asked me that question 5 years ago I would have said Fashion Designer and I have achieved that, which I am proud of myself for coming this far. I am actually looking at my next move within fashion and where I want go next within my career; I would love to own my own print design studio and just focus on prints for fashion and textiles. The ultimate dream is to be a successful blogger and maybe work with a brand on designing a collection - one can dream!
5. You're free to travel wherever you want to go, where is it?
South America has been on my list of places to visit for years, one day I will go to Peru and do the trek to Machu Picchu. But I also have tonne of other places to visit, like Japan, South Africa, New York and Vietnam.
6. If you could learn anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn Mandarin Chinese, I have to visit China as part of my job and I've picked up basic words to get me by but I would love to fully understand the locals and speak the language.
7. What's your favourite type of blog post to read / youtube video to watch?
My favourite blog post is outfits, I love looking at how people put together outfits and their thoughts behind them. But over the last couple of years I have become fond of reading fitness posts and what people are eating/cooking.
8. What is top of your bucket list?
Travel yourself interesting! Travelling is one of the best things anyone can do, whether its for work or personal, you can learn so much from other culture and take that home with you, even if you just appreciate where you have come from.
9. In your life, what brings you the most happiness?
Spending time with my boyfriend, friends, family and my cat!
10. What's your favourite beauty product?
I have two products I can't live without, Dior foundation and Smashbox primer.
11. Who is your favourite musician / band?
I'm a huge fan of dance music (none of that EDM stuff though!) and I really enjoy going to dance festivals like Field Day and Unknown, but then I absolutely love the Arctic Monkeys as well - even more so when I saw them at Glastonbury two years ago. I have such an eclectic taste in music really.
Nominated 11 are:
STYLE STARLING // ITS THE SMALL THINGS // SILHOUETTES OF STYLE // ALL DEATH BY DIAMONDS // STYLE AND WELL BEING // TIGERLILY // BRITISH COUTURE // THE MONOCHROMES // CHRONICLES OF THE SEERS // FASHION NOMADS // FOUND SOME PAPER
Here are your questions -
1. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card in?
2. What's one of the scariest things you've ever done?
3. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
4. What's the best decision you ever made?
5. What's the best prank you've ever pulled?
6. If someone were to make a movie about life, who would you hope would play you?
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
8. Whats the furthest you've ever been on holiday?
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy?